Henrik Arnstad is co-operating with the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Germany, producing a serie of seminars called ”Mapping the radical right in Northern Europe — Strengthening civil society”.
The second seminar was titled ”Strategies and Actors in the Middle of Society” ond took place on the 6th of November 2020, asking the following questions:
1. How has the mainstream political discourse and debate culture been influenced by the radical right in your country?
2. How has the political middle (NGO:s, opinion-formers and mainstream political parties – left, middle and right) handled the challenge of the radical right, in your country?
3. What transnational experiences are seen as good examples and bad examples?
The following experts participated:
- Associate Professor Susi Meret, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Dr. Emilia Palonen, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Dr. Axel Salheiser, Institut für Demokratie und Zivilgesellschaft (IDZ), Germany.
- Dr. Cathrine Thorleifsson, Norway.
- Deacon Anna Ardin, Ersta Sköndal Bräcke University College, Sweden.
Watch their answers to the questions via videos below.